Monday, November 8, 2010

October 25th, 2010 - I Am On The Coast Again! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am sorry that I was not able to write last week and that you probably had a very sleepless week. But I will tell you the events of last week so you can sleep better this week. First off, not including last week, I miss you all very much and I think of you often, even if you think oh she isn't saying that to me, but I do think of you. I think of my family and friends all the time and how grateful I am to have the people in my life that I do. Thank you for how much better you make my life.


Okay last week. Here in this mission, I may have stated before that president calls each companionship and tells us what is happening to us during transfers. So that is only about fifteen calls to have to make every two months. So Monday night president calls all of us missionaries. Unfortunately Sister Whitaker and I were in French class and the Elders were all doing some class too at the church. No one was able to answer, but since we all had a miss call from President Hill, we knew! So the frenzies started. He finally called Sister Whitaker and I and asked if we were home. We of course did not lie and said no. Well to make a long story short I had to wait forty five minutes before I got home to find out what was happening to me. As you know I wanted to stay in Zagreb. I felt like I was understanding the city and the branch better and I really wanted to be with Sister Stratton a while longer. I thought that Heavenly Father was preparing me for this.....well, I pretty much knew when he wanted to talk to all four of us that it meant I was leaving to Zadar. I was so sad and frustrated (I mean who isn't when they are hungry) but by the time I was home, I realized how much I didn't want to go. When we got home, he called us and told me that me and my MTC companion Sister Nelson will be switching. Since Sister Whitaker and Sister Fitzsimmons were already packing I started that night. I woke up the next morning so excited to go and so happy that the Lord is in charge of where we go and not me. I realized the only reason why I wanted to stay was because it was comfortable and I was used to it. Plus I wanted to prove the Elders wrong because they all thought I was leaving to Zadar, because that is how I am. But I have been excited all week for this new change and now I am HEREEEEEEE! AHHHHHH I get to see the water again and not just a river! You can look up Zadar on google. What I have seen is a friggin paradise and is great. My companion sister Laws is amazing and I already knew her from before and so are the other two Elders serving here. Elder Rhodes and I served four months together in Zagreb and he is like a brother to me. Oh my gosh is that guy funny! His companion who I already knew is elder Bachinski. One exciting fact is that no one will bother us down here because he is 7 feet tall. Case in point last night when they were helping me home with my luggage one guy started to get in Elder Rhodes face and probably say something....not nice. But right before he looks up and sees Elder Bachinski and the guy just walks away and it made my day. Plus the other upside is that Elder Bachinski single handedly; well two handedly carried two of my bags weighing literally 90 pounds. I am so grateful for people that are bigger than me and willing to serve. We all played Frisbee this morning and my team had the height advantage.


Many people have asked me about Halloween and they don't really celebrate it of course but we are doing some little fallish activities together in our branches. Plus I am not going to let Halloween let me by with out some decorations. Unfortunately they are all in the Zagreb apartment, but we will make some today too. I will tell you more about the city next time since most of the last 24 hours of me being here has been me sleeping and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet.


Just for something a little spiritual I have been reading a lot about how when we pray we should pray with the Holy Spirit because he will guide us to know what to pray for. I love that our Heavenly Father really is our father and knows us better than we know ourselves. I am grateful that He wants to bless us and he wants and needs us to ask. I love how is says in Mathew 7: 7-11 if ye being evil know how to give good gifts, how much more willing is your father who is in Heaven? I had been praying to be with Sister Stratton and when I realized that He knows better than me, I started praying to be prepared to do what I need to. Well guess what, I am not only prepared to be here, but I am more than happy, I am on cloud nine when I walk around. I love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I am so grateful to know of His mercy and how to live back with our father in Heaven again.


I love you!


S ljubavlju,
Sestra Dillender

No comments: