Thursday, May 5, 2011

April 26, 2011 - To My Loved Ones

April 26 To my loved ones

Hi!!!


I only have an hour to write today so I had to do a big email to all of you, sorry for not making it individual! But here are some questions I thought you might like to read that my Mom asked me:

1) What was your favorite thing you saw last week?
We colored Easter eggs for Easter with the Plentaj's on Saturday after we had seminary with them. They did a really cute job with them and it was just fun to be with them. Then we made deviled eggs with them and still didn't eat them all. We had a bbq with the Elders on Sunday also, but all we really did for the bbq part was to eat outside on their land lord’s patio. It was really fun though and we had lots of food, hence the surplus of deviled eggs.

2) Is it Spring there yet?
Yes and it really smells good. It has been a nice 70 degrees most days, but today it is muggy and overcast, I feel really bad for the tourists. I see flowers and so much more green everywhere. The fig trees are really coming out too, they are everywhere. There are olive trees everywhere and all I can think about are the parables and allegories of the fig tree and the olive trees.

3) How is your scripture reading going?
It is going well, I faithfully do ten pages a night in the Old Testament and it is kind of boring right now, I am in Psalms and I thought it would be better, but still good. I missed three days on my D&C countdown, but I made it up today and I love all the things that I learn and read there. I can't believe I never read it through before now gosh! How is yours going? I am sorry that we don't "study" together every week. I have such sporadic studies and I am really supposed to be using personal study for lessons, but we don't have them too much. But if you want you can read in D&C starting 74 and going till the end of the week that is what I will for sure be doing this week.

I hope you had a great Easter. I wore a nice blue sweater that I got from Sister Fitzsimmons, (my old companion) and I know you are reading this right now Anu. I wore that sweater as a symbol of the resurrection and how much I am looking forward to seeing dad again. I am so grateful to know what I know, that the Lord has a plan for us and that He has it all worked out. Last week a lady from our English class asked, "If Heavenly Father wants to answer our prayers than why are there people starving in Africa?" I thought to myself, Ahhhhh where is that one scripture I keep meaning to memorize???? I frantically prayed that the scripture reference will magically come, but it didn't so I started to talk. I said something to her that I needed to hear, and it came from the Spirit. Bad things do happen sometimes, so that we can learn to lean on our Savior. I thought about the millions of times I prayed for Dad to get better, and now, after all is said and done, those prayers weren't answered the way I thought. I am closer to my Savior and Father than I ever have been before. I am grateful that the Lord helps me to see His purpose and plan in all things, and it has taken a lot of patience and faith. I wish my faith was stronger and that I was more patient, but I know that He makes weak things become strong and He is working with my suborn heart :).

We went to a Catholic mass on Sunday night and it was really nice to hear some of the things that the priest said. Normally they don't stray too much from the normal things they do, but this priest was good. He used a lot of personal experiences and I could see he had a lot of faith, especially in what he was doing! We'll get him!

Oh and to let you know, we did get to go to Swan Lake, and it was amazing. They set up a stage in the basketball arena and there were so many people that went. I was so happy to watch it and not a moment was boring or unimpressive. Wow! That is really all I have to say for it.

Well I hope you have a great week! I miss you!

love,

Sister Dillender

No comments: