Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Week 3 in Hrvvtska

Hello my dear loved ones,

So last Thursday and I had a party, well we ate lots of pizza and goodies and it was fun. This Thursday will be my three week mark and we have zone conference where a General Authority or a Seventy will be there. His name is Elder Causse and he is from France. I don't really know what we do at Zone Conference but I heard it is very fun and all the missionaries in Croatia and Serbia come here to Zagreb and get pumped up to do more missionary work. Also, a person from a Seventy or someone like that only comes once a year, so this Thursday will be fun.

I teach Spanish every Thursday and I had my first class last Thursday. It was interesting and I think some people were bored. I hope I can keep it fun, but it's hard to do that because I have to teach in Croatian and still think in Spanish and want to shoot myself because there is this stressful lady in the back that keeps yelling out stuff and annoying other people in the class, Not Good! But we did have about thirteen people that came and ten of them were not members, so that was great. I hope our spiritual thoughts will prick their hearts and help them want to learn more :).

So my funny language story for this week is that when I was handing out flyers for Spanish class I was telling them that I will teach Spanish on Thursdays. So when I would stop and tell someone they would get this big smile on their face and I thought it was because I sound so new in the country. They were all really nice and took the flyers and said sure we'll tell our friends....well, after stopping about six people I went up to one of my companions who wasn't right next to me because she was handing out flyers too, and asked if I could practice my approach to see if I could get it better. So I started by saying, " Ja ću povračati tečaj španjolski četvrkom!" She looked at me and said what did you say? I said it again and she said, you mean podučavati not povračati and I started to laugh so hard because podučavati means teach, but I was saying povračati which means THROW UP! I was telling people that I will throw up Spanish classes Thursdays. I told like six people that and no one corrected me. But it was funny and they will always remember Mormon sister missionaries.

Oh Elder Matson who is the zone leader and serves here in Zagreb reminds me soooo much of Lynny, I mean the way he says things the way he looks and his humor. It's nice to be around him so I can get my lynny fill.

Thank you for all the emails I love getting and reading them. I'm sorry this one is so short but next week I will have more to say this week we are just a little short on time. I love you all and thank you for all your prayers and support.

love,

Sestra Dillender

No comments: