Monday, March 29, 2010

Week Five or Six, I’m a bit confused!

Hello my Dear Ones again,

I hope that you all are doing well and I miss you like crazy! I can't think of very many funny things that happened last week that would be funny even if you weren't there. Hmmmmm

Well the weather is getting warmer and warmer and one day we didn't even bring our coats with us. It was so nice not to look completely like a nun for once. We actually had a great week last week as lessons go. We have been able to teach some investigators, new members, and a few less actives. We have been doing a lot of less active finding. My favorite is when we always refer to them as lost sheep. "Where is this lost sheep," "What's this lost sheep's name," "What bus to we take to find the next lost sheep?" It's very fun and kind of annoying because we’re confused about who we are actually talking about. Unfortunately it's very easy to get lost in a big city.

I feel like the work here is starting to boom. There is always someone new who is interested and there is always something to do...outside of tracting. I actually haven't been tracting very much because we are always going on an appointment or....finding lost sheep. We have fun with our language classes and there is always at least one person that is interested in the gospel.

Last Thursday in my Spanish class, I was so frustrated with trying to teach it in Croatian and I felt like I was getting no where. But then Maja (maya) told me a day later that she has seen such a big improvement in my speaking skills just in the past two weeks. It was so encouraging to hear that. This language is so frustrating sometimes, but I still really love it and I can't wait till I can understand and speak it.

We were talking to a girl from France who doesn't speak Croatian so we were speaking in English. I didn't realize what a handicap not being able to speak or understand it is and how nice it is going to be when it comes and how much easier it will be later on. I can only do so much right now and sometimes it's so frustrating feeling so useless. I know I help in other ways, but you sit there blinking three lessons in a row and tell me you don't feel stupid :D! But I have gotten really good at blinking, so it's okay.

Last week I mentioned that Maja is getting baptized and we are all so excited. She is so happy now and is always smiling. She is getting baptized April 10. She is so inspiring and makes us all so happy when we get to be with her. She is on fire and is very special. I am so happy I get to be here at this time and get to see her change.

So transfers in our mission are every nine weeks because we don't get missionaries as often as others. So our transfers will be at the end of this month. We are getting a new Sister this transfer, actually she is the only one at the MTC right now going to Croatia....there goes syl-ing (where you practice speaking your language with others who aren't teachers). So, since she is coming we get to open a new city to sisters. Right now there are only two with sisters and there are five here. My MTC companion is on the coast in Zadar and my other MTC companion is in Czech....because she was the only Sister at the time going to the Czech Republik. So we have been making transfer predictions for the Sisters because now there are so many possibilities of what can happen. I have a feeling that Sister Fitzsimmons and I are going to stay here in Zagreb. That Sister Whitaker is going to go to Zadar with my MTC companion and Sister Cater is going to go to Vrašdin with the new Sister - if that makes any sense. I guess you could look at a map, that would be fun.

Well, thank you so much for the letters, they are needed on my behalf. I miss you all and I hope that you enjoy these emails. If there is anything that you want to know just ask because I never really know what to say. Also if you write me an email than I will write you one back, but otherwise I will just send this one (which I hope you like).

Love,

Sister Dillender


Oh and here are some fun phrases:

Bok-Hello
dobar dan- good day
doveđenja (dove-gen-ya)- good bye
Volim tebe- I love you
Nisam časna sestra- I'm not a nun

No comments: