Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cuernavaca, Mexico





Well last year I went to Cuernavaca, Mexico on a study abroad program. I stayed there from Jauary 3 until July 14. It was the best and the worst! I learned so much Spanish, and I had great teachers, but I missed my family so much.
I studied at the Tecnologico de Monterrey and I took courses in Spanish to improve my Spanish skills. Both semesters were very challenging for me, but it paid off. I feel very comfortable in the language, although I would love to improve even more and plan to.
I got to play volleyball on a team, and it was fun to play against other school. But don't think I'm a star since anyone could join the team. I took an abs class which kicked my butt and I loved it. I learned how to dance Salsa and Banda, and how to get fair prices taking a taxi.
The lifestyle is so different, and I felt that I was truly participating in another culture. I think the hardest thing to get used to was the fact that everything I did there was temporary, and living a temporary life for seven and a half months. I grew a lot and I learned so much!


No comments: