Saturday, February 23, 2008

A great weekend in Mexico!




So I've been able to do some pretty fun stuff this weekend. I went to a neighboring city called Tlaquepaque with a friend from school and her brother. It was nice to go with a friend who is from here and she knows where to go and all the sites to see. Talquepaque had a lot of art and home decore stuff. It was great and I had so much fun.
I also went to the Mana concert later that night. World famous, but many people from the state don't know who they are. The presentation was incredible and I can't believe how many songs I didn't know! They play so well live and with a lot of energy. There is nothing more I hate then going to a concert to see the band preform out of habit and not because they love their fans or what they are doing. Mana is from Mexico and so for their last songs they brought out the Mexican flag and had fireworks. What a show, what a show!
The night before I went to a concert. I thought it was just going to be some guy playing a piano, but it was an actual symphony. The pianist was flown in from L.A. and apparently plays all around the world. He played with an orchestra and percussions. I looooooved it!
I'm really enjoying my time here, more than before. I'm making more friends and I feel so busy all the time. It's nice to have a life here with appointments and things to do. My speaking abilities have jumped, and I feel so much more comfortable speaking now than ever before (in spanish of course). I'm really going to miss Guadalajara!


No comments: