Thursday, September 3, 2009

Am I going to be in MTC slow classes?

News to my dear ones:

My dearest uncle just sent me word about my missionary application! Are you ready for this? It is not really in processing, it is in "special handling". There you have it, I am slow. I'm just kidding, well maybe. We don't really know what that means, but nothing is wrong so that is good. But judging by what special means pertaining to schools and yellow buses, we can all make a good guess. Okay all jokes aside, I'm just glad that once I decided to stop being frustrated with things, I get happy news that Heavenly Father is in charge of all things and that my application is going forward and soon I will say "So long Suck Town!" and maybe go on to another suck town. Then I can officially stop overusing the word Pergatory or Limbo or, well I won't say that one.


So here is the picture that I put on my missionary application...which may describe why I am in "special handling"




6 comments:

Amy G said...

I hope you don't mind me writing on your blog, but found your blog on mormmonmission.blogspot.com. My son is in the MTC going to Slovenia on Dec. 15th. There are 5 in his group going to Slovenia, 3 going to Croatia and 1 going to Bosnia. Just to make you feel better....his papers took 7 weeks!!! When do you report? He said the language is tough, but he is totally enjoying it and is excited to get out to Slovenia! Good luck with your mission! A missionary Mom!! Amy from So. Cal

Kristy said...

I'm so glad you found me! I'm going to have to look into the mormonmission.blogspot.com too. I report one day after he leaves ha ha.

I've been looking at the grammer and it is tough, I'm in for a bumpy ride :).

Where are you from?

Amy G said...

Hi Kristy, I'm from the Palm Springs area...Indio. I have a blog for Aaron..if you want to check out his letters and see the pictures of the other elders going to your area as well. His blog is elderaarongonzalez.blogspot.com. To bad he will miss you, but maybe you will meet in the mission.... When he got to the MTC he found out that there are about 25 to 30 missionaries in each country... Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia. I'm excited to see how it goes once he is out in the mission. Good luck with the mission prep!

Amy Gonzalez

Kristy said...

Thank you for telling me about his blog it's been a nice view of what is go come in the mtc.

I wanted to ask, did you guys have a hard time with the background check based on finger prints? I am still having the hardest time with it! I just wanted to know if it's just me or not :(.

Amy G said...

Oh my goodness...I just typed a whole long note about all the stuff Aaron went through regarding the fingerprint and background thing and went to send it and for some reason it wouldn't send and I lost it all...darn! Yes he had a hard time. My advice....if you have any questions at all regarding the whole process thing...call Salt Lake..# should be in your papers. We waited until we were so stressed out and should have called right in the beginning. Also be patient...the clearance took Aaron about 3 weeks and that was after a few mistakes as well. If you want to email me with any other questions regarding this my email is amylea14@hotmail.com. Good luck with it all! It's a pain, but all worth it! It will be exciting to go to this beautiful country! I went on a mission when I was younger to Penn-Philly mission and it was one of the best experiences in my life. I currently have a daughter serving in the NYC-South Mission and another son serving in Ok-Tulsa mission who went into the MTC the same day as Aaron. So I know the value of a mission and what it will do for all who go forth and serve! Keep me posted on the progress!

Amy

Amy G said...

Also...I made a mistake about my first comment. It is not Bosnia it is Serbia...but you probably already knew that one huh???