Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nov 15 - I Need Thanksgiving Recipes

Dobro Dan! Dobrodošli! Dobro, Hvala,

That didn't even make sense but it will be funny to read it when I am back home looking back at these. I wonder about how many things I read that I will regret saying :). Mostly just he embarrassing things.

Well, Thanksgiving is coming and we are planning our meal out for what we are going to do. If you have any good recipes then please email me, but you have to email it by next Monday because that is the last time I will look at it until Thanksgiving comes. Oh, and if you want to send anything to me hand written, this especially goes out to my fan club, please send it to my home address here in Zadar because I won't be getting any letters from the mission home until Christmas time, literally until two days before Christmas. Here is my address, (Lynny don't put my address on the blog, there are a lot of creeps out there)…………………..

But don't worry that is not saying hat you have to send me something just in case if you wanted to and you wanted it to come fast than Christmas.

So I brought a little bit of Dillender fun to Family Home Evening on Monday night. We have it as a branch and one week the Elders are in charge and the other week we are in charge. For the lesson we read about when Peter walks on water to Christ and how sometimes like Peter, we are all ready and willing to follow him and we are walking on water. But then sometimes the storms we see look like too much and we start to sink. But fortunately for Peter and for us, Christ is always there to catch us, all we have to do is to take His hand. then after we had the lesson, we played a Dillender classic.....LOADED QUESTIONS.....I didn't translate it to Croatian, but if I did I would say something like Punina Pitanje ha ha ha that is weird, that's like filled questions. Whatever! It was really funny, but I didn't bring up anything like carnies, hairspray, hallmarks or PMS because I thought the first and last would be a bit inappropriate. It is always more fun inserting inside jokes when you 1) Don't have to translate them, and 2) the people hearing it are on the inside of the joke.

So Sister Fitzsimmons left a bunch of clothes and I feel like all the women in Croatian are having a field day with them. On Sunday, Two girls from the branch and Sister Laws and I were all wearing something from the pile she left. We were like, "Sister Fitzsimmons still lives on here....at least in Zadar.....where she never served." We miss you! Don't worry we miss you too....Melinda....not Sister Whitaker...weird!

So we had language class sign ups and Elder Bachynski ate all our Nutela and we had to buy some more this week. We had palačinke, aka crepes and they were really good. We just put chocolate Nutela in them and crushed Butterfingers, aka 8 thousand calories each and only Sister Dillender is going to get fat off of them. Also when I say crushed butter fingers I mean, we would hand the fun size butterfingers to the Giant, aka Elder Bachynski and he would crush them in one motion with his fist that is the size of our face. Actually we made hand Turkeys for our Thanksgiving decorations and Elder Bachynski's hand is literally bigger than my face....I measured! But to end this paragraph, the classes are really fun and we have a good group for both of them.

Well I hope that you are doing well and I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving....next week!
s ljubavi,
Sestra Dillender

No comments: